Even with several layers of tech-oriented and automated fraud prevention tools (such as Research Defender) before and during recruitment, it is strongly recommended to perform manual reviews of final member data for low-quality responses or potential fraud.
Fuel Cycle will handle these reviews for your first recruitment. You may use Community Management services for ongoing reviews as necessary. Here are some review suggestions:
- Watch out for the following:
- Gibberish/non-sensical/irrelevant/duplicate open-end responses
- Duplicate IP addresses
Use your best judgment when limiting duplicate IPs. Sometimes the audience may include family members, employees, or shared housing students who more often than not share the same internet provider.
- Duplicate names and/or birthdays
- Strange or usual email domains
- Usernames with vulgar or profane words
- Contradictory answers
- Keep any available incentivized recruitment activities lower than the threshold for an immediate gift card when combined.
- Multiple/unique recruitment links can be used/clicked one time and can be tailored to the recipient (for example, Customer ID may be appended). Use these whenever possible.
- Single/re-usable recruitment links can be used/clicked an infinite amount of times until they're disabled. Ideally, you should use these only when you cannot leverage multiple/unique links (for example, social media posts, login page drip campaigns, or QR codes).
- Mandatory SMS verification with 2-factor authentication for signup and rewards redemptions is also a great way to curb potential fraud.