Fuel Cycle offers a survey template in Alchemer that resembles an SMS-style chat.
Chat style surveys—also known as conversational surveys—offer a wide range of benefits:
- Research shows chat-style surveys show higher completion rates than traditional surveys.
- They present the survey in a more natural conversation flow for respondents. This flow can lead to higher-quality survey responses.
- The style of survey is more appealing to younger audiences than traditional surveys.
Please contact your Fuel Cycle representative to have them add the Chat Style Survey Template to your Alchemer account.
Once the Chat Style Survey Template survey is saved to your Alchemer account, copy it to build each new survey.
- Find the Chat Style Survey Template survey.
- Click the three dots to the far right and click Copy in the drop-down menu.
- Name your survey and click Start Building.
- Build out your survey by adding Basic Question Types.
The template is only optimized for Alchemer’s basic question types at this time.
Keep each new question on a single page.
- You must add display logic to every question, if you are not using logic to branch questions, just use "is answered" for the previous question in the survey flow.
- Add HTML Placeholder text to input question types (Textbox, Essay, Email, Date):
This HTML placeholder displays in the survey as seen below:
- Import the programmed survey into your community and attach it to an activity like a regular survey. Alchemer's chat-style surveys are compatible with all browsers and devices.
Chat-style surveys may receive higher completion rates when sent via SMS due to the matching formats and more natural experience on mobile.