Once you publish a piece of content, there are some actions that you can take on the moderator side. The Actions menu appears to the right of every piece of content you publish in the Activities section.
- Export: This option allows you to export your content as an Excel file. Please refer to the Activity Exports article for more information.
- Lock: Locking content allows you to keep a piece of content around in case you want to reopen it. However, it displays to community members in a read-only format. Community members will not be able to take the survey associated with the locked content or post comments. They will be able to see all past comments and attachments that were made prior to the content being locked. Moderators typically lock content so community members can reference past discussions and comments.
Create a 'Locked Content' Topic. Once you lock a piece of content, hide it from Home and Categories and only have it live in the Topics section. This will allow you to organize your locked content in one central location without it taking up space on the homepage.
- Close: This option will close your content and remove the content from the community immediately. You can also schedule your content pieces to close automatically during the last step of the content setup process in the ‘Schedule’ tab. Once a piece of content closes, it will continue to live in the Content Management section on the moderator side in case you wish to reopen it, archive it, or export data later.
- Delete: When you select this option, the piece of content is permanently removed from both the moderator and member sides. Be careful when selecting this option because once you delete a piece of content, will not be able to re-open it, export data, or archive it.
- Copy: If you want to duplicate a piece of content quickly, select this option. This will create an exact replica of the original content. Once you select this, you will be taken to the content setup page where you can make any changes to the copied content before publishing.