Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is...
- Any data that could potentially identify a specific individual.
- Any information that can be used to distinguish one person from another.
- Information that can be used for de-anonymizing anonymous data.
The below fields classify as PII:
- First Name
- Last Name
- IP Address
- Date of Birth
- Telephone number
Moderator User Permissions Summary
You are able to manually adjust moderator and client access to members' PII. A super moderator account is required to change PII access. As a super moderator, click on Moderator Management and then click on a moderator or client user to edit their access in each community.
Below is an explanation for each type of access:
- All Access—This user role will continue to see PII data as they do today. This is the default setting for all moderators and clients for most communities.
- Partial Access—Lightly PII compliant. Email is obscured but not other sensitive PII fields
- No Access—No PII displayed to the user.
When you generate an export, moderators or clients with Partial or No PII access will only have access to the Masked version of the export to download. The masked export will show a dash (-) in each of the columns with PII information. That includes the personal information outlined above as well as any profile points marked as PII.
From the member community, moderators and clients with Partial or No PII access will not see any PII-related information when viewing a member's public profile.
PII in Profile Point Creation
- Exports—When a Profile Point is flagged as PII, for any user that does not have PII access, the profile point will have a dash in the export (meaning, the data will not display to the user because they don’t have permission to view PII).
- Push to External Source—When a Profile Point is flagged as PII, it will not be pushed to an external source, such as Qualtrics or Alchemer.
IMPORTANT EXCEPTION: There is a master setting per community that would override push to external source. This is something that would be determined when onboarding the community. There is a setting that “Enables pushing PII fields to external sources.” When this is enabled at the community-level, it will override the individual profile point setting and all profile points will push to Qualtrics/SG even if they have “Flag as PII” enabled