Gamification motivates members to act through competition and rewards. When gamification is enabled, a Gamification icon becomes available on the left-hand taskbar. There are five tabs on the gamification page: Settings, Rewards, Redemptions, Member Points, and Quests.
Set up and activate Actions & Points and Rewards with the following settings:
- Gamification Delay—How many days the member has to wait between performing an action and getting rewarded for it. By setting a delay, the moderator will have the ability to deny the eligibility of action if the quality of engagement was subpar. When set to 0 days, members will immediately be rewarded points for their engagement.
- Activate actions & points—When turned on, the “Points” section will be displayed in the member’s gamification center.
- Activate rewards—When turned on, members will be able to see the available awards that are available to them. You can create and import rewards in the ‘Rewards” tab.
Two separate tabs display the reward options available in the community catalog that are available to community members: Giftbit Rewards and Custom Rewards. Easily see a high-level overview of how much of a specific reward has been redeemed, and how much is left available.
Moderators control which static and dynamic groups can access and redeem certain rewards. For more information, click here.
- Giftbit Rewards tab—Displays all of the reward options available in Giftbit. Click on the import button to the right to import the reward into the community catalog.
- Custom Rewards tab—This allows you to create a custom reward (not through Giftbit) to add to your community catalog. There are three reward types:
- Gift Card: A custom gift card that can be redeemed online, as a code.
- Goods: A physical reward that needs to be mailed. For example brand t-shirts or water bottles.
- Bonus Points: Points that are added to a member’s point balance.
- Reward redemption type—The action that must be achieved before the reward is unlocked. There are four options:
- Points: The reward unlocks when the member has earned enough points.
- Quest Giveaway: The reward unlocks when the member completes a quest.
- Quest Raffle: The reward unlocks when the member enters a raffle and wins it.
- Quest Leaderboard: The reward unlocks only to members who have earned the most points in the quest.
This shows which rewards have been redeemed by community members.
Redemption Exports—Select the export button as pictured below:
This function operates similarly to a Member Export and will produce a downloadable Excel file.
Incorporate the following information into your Redemption Export:
- Specific Date Range
- User Account Fields
- Group Membership (optional)
- P2 Engine Profile Points
- Polls & Survey Questions
If you select the Edit button (highlighted below) you will be able to edit the reward status for multiple users at one time, rather than doing it manually:
After selecting the Edit button, you will be prompted to choose the status updates you wish to make:
Member Points Tab
This section provides a convenient dashboard of member actions that generate points. Actions are filterable by...
- Specific actions
- Status of your point transactions:
Set up a collection of actions, connected with logic, offering one or more rewards for successful completion. Click the + button on this screen to get started.
After saving your Quest for the first time, a Quest Status is added to the Quest with the following values:
- Created—The quest has been created but is not running yet, because the quest start date is still in the future.
- Running—The quest start date has passed and the quest is running. Members performing the quest's steps are considered to have completed the quest if the moderator doesn't deny the gamification eligibility of their actions.
- Stopped—The quest has been manually stopped by the moderator. Quest cannot be restarted.
- Ended—The quest end date has passed. Members can continue to perform the quest's steps, but they will not count toward completing the quest.
- Completed—All quest participants have been processed, and the participants and winners lists are complete.