Pilot.ly makes it possible to securely screen content to your target audience to rapidly gather feedback. Studios, filmmakers, and advertising agencies all face the challenge of vetting their content with audiences to gain invaluable insight and understanding before launch. Testing and evaluating early content with your audience can help with the development of content that delights viewers, optimize short and long-term market outcomes and allow marketing and creative departments to adjust their efforts based on viewer feedback.
Learn more about Pilot.ly on the Fuel Cycle Exchange.
Enabling the Integration
You may request the integration directly within Fuel Cycle. The request process follows the same steps for all Fuel Cycle partners.
Visit the Fuel Cycle Exchange listing with your community, select Pilot.ly, and click on the Request More Info button appearing at the bottom of your screen. A Fuel Cycle representative will be in contact within 48 hours.
Your account manager will update you once Pilot.ly is enabled in your community. You’ll also receive a Pilot.ly website account to log in so that you can create studies and view results.
Using Pilot.ly on Fuel Cycle
Creating a Study
Log in to Pilot.ly using your credentials. You can also log in directly by clicking on a Report link (if you have existing studies that appear on the FCX Studies tab in Fuel Cycle).
Click on the Create New Study button. This will open the project creation process. Follow the prompts to configure your study. Once your study is complete, submit it and return to the Fuel Cycle platform.
Adding a Study to Activity
Adding a Pilot.ly study to a Fuel Cycle activity follows the same steps as other FCX partner studies. Instructions are available in the Activity Creation section.
Analyzing a Study
You can easily view the results any time by returning to the FCX Studies tab in the Surveys section and clicking on the Report link. This will take you directly to the Insights Dashboard on the Pilot.ly platform.
Collect feedback easily:
- Display questions: solicit feedback on your content by using in-video surveying, before during, and after showings.
- Like / dislike scenes: participants can like or dislike what they are viewing at any time, allowing you to visualize areas of your content that are performing well or poorly.
- Interview participants: see which participants are viewing your content and speak to them through the chat feature.
Create paths to unique creative:
- Traffic mix: indicate your desired percentage of your participants for each creative execution and they will be funneled at random to meet your specifications.
- Targeted segments: target specific creative executions to groups of participants based on their profile variables.
- Sequential screening: set sequences of content for each participant, or allow the first video to determine the next.
- Self-selection: allow participants to select which content they will view.
Gain actionable insights:
- Real-time monitor: slice & dice your data with demographics and pre-determined conditions to derive insights from your feedback in real-time.
- Visual export: provide easy access to your insights by exporting your data in a visual format.
- Raw export: work with your data in Excel format.
Service and Usage
The services agreement will define usage limits, whether it's a single project or a bundle of projects.