Community managers have a high degree of flexibility regarding the member experience during the registration process. For instance, you may choose to include a qualification screener and customize the message members receive when they qualify or disqualify from the community. To register for the community, community members must have access to a recruitment URL.
- Navigate to the Recruitment URLs page (Members > Manage Members > Recruitment URLs).
- Click the + sign to add a new recruitment link.
- Add the following information on the Details tab:
- Recruitment Name [required]—Name your recruitment here. This is an internal name and won’t be visible to community members.
Recruitment Type [required]
- Single—The single recruitment link will generate one URL to be used by all prospective community members. This is the most commonly used method.
Multiple—You may also generate multiple URLs. In this case, each prospective community member will need to have their URL. This is useful for tracking individuals through the entire recruitment flow.
Note: A unique URL may only be used once. Members will be presented with the Expired message if they try to use it again. If you select “Multiple” then you will need to set the number of unique URLs to generate. If you are sending an email to 250,000 people, you will need 250,000 URLs.
Max Signups [required]—This caps the maximum number of signups from this particular URL. For instance, if you’d like to cap the number of recruits from any one source at 5,000 members, you would enter 5,000 in this box.
For unlimited signups, leave the number at 0.
- Close non-activated accounts on expiration [not required]—When this option is enabled, any non-activated members who joined the community using this recruitment URL will have their accounts automatically close when the recruitment URL is closed/expired.
- Schedule—Enter a Start Date [required] and End Date for the recruitment URL. The URL will only be active during the period specified. If no end date is selected, the link will not expire.
- Message: Recruitment Coming Soon (not required)—Provides a message to prospective members who have accessed the recruitment link before the time a recruitment link starts.
- Message: Recruitment Expired—Provides a message to prospective members who have accessed the recruitment link after the link is expired. Consider using your company’s brand voice and a friendly message to members to explain that the link is expired.
- Select Save to save your place or click Save and Continue to proceed to the Qualification tab.
Qualification Type [required]—Enter the type of qualification you are using:
- None: no survey is presented. Potential members are taken directly to the registration page.
Internal: an internal screening survey will be used to qualify community members.
- Internal survey [required]—Select the internal screening survey you will use for recruitment. Potential members are taken to the survey indicated in this field when they access the recruitment link. Select the internal screening survey you will use for recruitment.
- External: Select this option when using a third party to host the qualification survey.
Welcome/Registration Message—This message will display at the top of the registration page. Use this area to welcome members to the community and encourage registration.
Recruitment URLs using Internal Qualifications will require messages for Over Quotas and Terminated respondents in addition to the Welcome message.
- Qualification Type [required]—Enter the type of qualification you are using:
- Select Save or Save and continue to proceed to External Tracking.
If you are using a recruitment partner (using External Tracking), please follow the instructions in this article for setup. Otherwise, select Save, Save and Exit, or Save & Export URL to finish your setup.