The following steps walk you through creating a recruitment survey—or screener. Screeners are for non-members and are taken before a user registers.
These surveys are attached to a Recruitment URL. When you send the recruitment URL to potential members, they will first take the recruitment survey and if they pass the criteria you set, they will continue to register. Users who do not meet the criteria for joining the community will be taken to a custom disqualification message page where you can explain to them why they cannot join the community.
When creating a screener, you will need to add disqualification logic. This logic will be attached to any question that includes your member criteria. It’s best to start the outlining of your survey to identify all questions where users can be disqualified before you begin creating the survey.
Qualtrics uses Blocks to allow you to group questions together for various purposes. When creating a qualification survey, the disqualification logic will happen at the end of the block.
A block can include as many questions and pages as you’d like. It’s best to create a block after each disqualifying question in the survey. Users will screen out of the survey at those points rather than having to proceed to the complete survey.
- After you have a good sense of your survey outline, launch Qualtrics.
- From the hamburger icon in the top left, click Projects.
- Click Create Project.
- Choose from:
- Create Survey from Scratch: This will start you with a blank survey where you can add questions and options from scratch, or you can copy an existing survey.
- Library: Select from premade surveys in the Qualtrics library and then make changes as needed.
- Continue to build your survey by creating questions and blocks as needed.
- When finished with the survey questions and blocks, click on Survey Flow.
- Add branch logic to each block with one (or more) disqualifying questions. Click Add Below to the block with the disqualifier.
- Click Branch.
- Click Add a Condition.
Example of a condition:
If “Question” “Q1: Are you a business owner?” “No” is “Selected” (then disqualify)
- When the condition is created, click OK to save the new branch.
- Now that the branch is selected, you need to add an End of Survey element that will disqualify the user and send them to the Failure Message.
- Select Add a New Element Here under the branch.
- Click End of Survey.
- Click the Customize link at the End of Survey box.
- Select Redirect to a URL
- Copy the entire Failure Redirect URL below and paste it into the Redirect field:
NOTE: You can change the very end part of the above URL that currently says "STEP1" to another value.This is used in reporting to specify which step the user is terminated out of. But, you cannot include a space in this value. Use the question number or some other term that is recognizable to you.
- Repeat the process of creating a branch and adding the End of Survey to each block that requires the disqualification logic.
You need to add an End of Survey element at the very end of the survey for users that qualify and should continue to registration.
Add a Success URL
- Scroll down to the bottom of the survey flow and click Add a New Element Here.
- Then, click End of Survey.
- Select Customize.
- Click Redirect to a URL.
- Copy the entire Success Redirect URL below and paste it into the Redirect field:
- When finished adding the logic to the survey flow, click Save Flow to save the changes.
If you need to add quota logic to your survey...
- Select the Survey Options menu then Quotas.
- Click Add Quota.
- Set the quota maximum.
- Select from Simple Logic Quota or Cross Logic Quota depending on your needs.
- Enter the logic for the quota based on the questions in your survey.
- When the quota logic is set, add the Over Quota redirect code, which takes the user to the Over Quota message on the platform. Click the Customize link.
- Select Redirect to a URL.
- Copy the entire Over Quota Redirect URL below and paste it into the Redirect field:
You can change the very end part that currently says "STEP1" to another value. This is used in reporting to specify where the user was terminated out of because of over quota. But, you cannot include a space in this value. It's recommended that you use the a term that is recognizable to you.
- Click Save to save the quota logic.
When the survey is finished...
- Click the Distributions tab.
- Click Web.
- Click Anonymous Link.
- Copy the link.
- Scroll down the page to paste the URL into the field and import the survey.
Once imported, your survey will be ready to be attached to a Recruitment URL.
Please sign in to leave a comment.