You can access Alchemer by clicking on the Surveys icon on the left of the Fuel Cycle screen and then clicking Launch Alchemer.
Once in Alchemer, click the Create New button to get started.
Give your survey a title and select from the following options to start the survey:
- Blank Survey—Start from scratch.
- Use a Template—Select from an existing design template.
- Copy a Survey—Copy from an existing survey.
- Import from Word—The link goes to instructions on the Alchemer knowledge base.
You are now in the survey builder view:
You can now add questions, text, and media to your survey using the options on this page. Alchemer will walk you through building each element as you click on an option.
For example, when you click to add a new question, it will default to a Radio button question, but you can click the drop-down to see all question types available and select the type of question you wish to add.
Continue to add questions and other elements as needed. To create a new page, simply click the “Add Page” link and a new page will be added.
Add the Redirect URL
When you are done creating your survey, you will need to add a “Post Survey Action” that will redirect the user back to the community after they complete the survey.
To add this redirect, please follow these directions:
- Locate the “Thank You Page” at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Actions link to add a redirect link.
- In the screen that pops up, locate the URL Redirect under the Survey Actions section.
- Click the “Add” button. A new window will display with a few options.
- Give the URL Redirect a unique Name.
- Identify whether this redirect will Disqualify the respondent or not.
- Locate the URL field and set the Protocol dropdown to HTTPS://.
- Paste the following into the text field:
- Determine if there will be a delay.
- Set the Message to show to disqualified respondents.
- Scroll down to the bottom under “Field to Pass (optional)” and choose URL Variable from the drop-down.
- Click the Add Field button.
- Enter the following into the fields:
- Under “URL Variable” put: redirect_url
- Under “Variable Name” put: redirectUrl
- Return to the dropdown and select “Static Value (use default)” and click the “Add Field” button.
- Enter the following into the fields:
- Under “Variable Name” put: qualified
- Under “Default Value (opt)” put: true
- Click the Save Action button.
- You are ready to publish the survey.
Add Skip Logic
- At the bottom of the page that you want to add logic, click the link for Skip/Disqualify Logic. The Skip/Disqualify Logic options will display.
- Enter your logic conditions by using the prompts and options that display as you create the logic.
- Once done creating the logic, scroll down to the “If the Logic Passes, send the respondent to” section and select Survey Page # then choose the last page (Thank You!).
- You can select to mark the respondent as Complete, but this is optional. The user will be redirected correctly no matter what you select (or don't select) in this section.
- Click the Save Action button to save changes for this logic.
Publish the Survey
To publish the survey...
- Go to the Share tab.
- When in the Share tab, click the Customize link.
- Locate the URL and delete all the text from the end (in the white text box).
- If your community uses a secure URL (uses “HTTPS” at the beginning of the community URL), you will also need to set the survey to Secure.
- When done editing the web link, click the Save Link button.
- Now, copy the final URL from the page.
- Go back to Fuel Cycle. You will notice that the page has changed to Create & Import Survey.
- Paste the URL into the Survey Link field.
- Click the Preview Survey button. Your survey will now display on the page.
- Go through and take the survey.
- When finished, the system will check that the redirect codes are correct. If everything is correct, the page will update with a button that says Import Survey. Once you click the Import Survey button, the survey will be imported into Surveys and will be available to add to the content.