When members or clients receive new replies or support messages in the community, they will receive an email notification alerting them of the new activity. This feature helps keep users up-to-date on new activity in their notification feed.
To help increase user engagement further, when a user clicks to view or reply from the email, they will be launched directly into the community without being prompted to log in. The secure link can only be used one-time. If the user clicks on the link a second time, they will be required to login before proceeding.
The email notifications include:
- Replies to a user’s comment
- Replies to a user’s post in a member module
- Support messages
Each user can choose to change their notification settings as follows:
- Never – Stop receiving emails for this type of activity.
- Instantly – An email is sent as soon as a new comment or message is posted.
- Daily – An email is sent every 24 hours listing all new comments and messages received during that time period. If no new items are posted during that time period, no email is sent.
- Weekly – An email is sent every week listing all new comments and messages received during the previous 7 days. If no new items are posted during that time period, no email is sent.
The user can also choose to disable their Activity Feed completely by switching to “Off” for Activity Notifications.” The Activity Feeds needs to be enabled before emails will send out.
Community members can customize their email notification settings by accessing their profile settings and going to Account Settings:
Moderators can always see all community activity from the Activity and Moderation section. However, a moderator account can enable the member community feature if needed, by turning on Activity Notifications from the Communication tab as shown above.
Setting Daily & Weekly Email Schedules
You can specify the time the email notifications are sent to users or you can choose to disable email notifications altogether.
Go Communication Center > Settings > Member Notification Options. From there you can set the following:
- On/Off switch – By default, this is turned on. When you turn Off, email notifications will be disabled for all users.
- Daily Digest Send Time – Time of day the Daily email is sent. By default, this is set to midnight (12:00 am).
- Weekly Digest Send Time – Day of the week and time when the Weekly email is sent. By default, this is set to Wednesday at midnight (12:00 am).
Moderators will have a separate email notification when new support messages are received to a topic the moderator is assigned to. By default, the frequency of these emails is set to Daily. You can change these settings by going to Notification Settings from the drop-down menu under your username (in the upper right of the page).
From here, moderators can choose to enable Assignment Notifications and set the frequency as follows:
- Instant – An email is sent as soon as a new message is assigned.
- Daily – An email is sent every 24 hours listing all new assigned messages received during that time period.
Support message notifications will include new/unviewed messages that are assigned to the individual moderator user. Messages that are unassigned will not be included in the email notifications. When logged into the backend, you will see a new indicator in the header if new support messages exist. That number will include both unassigned and assigned messages.