Fuel Cycle values the privacy and security of all of our users. As part of this mission, we have an additional step when a member needs to change their email address, password or mobile number (if mobile number is enabled).
Update Account Process
- When a member needs to update their email address, password or mobile number, they need to go to Account Settings and then click on the Update Account option.
- When a member clicks on the Update Account link, a message will display over the page.
- The member will need to verify their identity via a code sent to their email address or mobile number.
- When user selects “Send Email,” the code will be sent to the email address associated with the member’s account.
- When the user selects, “Send Text,” the code will be sent to the mobile number associated with the member’s account.
- NOTE: The option to Send Text is only available when a mobile number is enabled for the community.
- Once the code has been sent, the member will see the following prompt:
- Once the member enters the verification code, they are taken to the Update Account page where they can then change their email address, password or mobile number (if enabled) associated with their account.
- The member can click the “Back” link to return to the previous step and resend the code if needed.
Why do we have this extra step?
In order to prevent a member account from getting compromised, this step is necessary. It serves to verify the identity of the member using the email or mobile number they entered when they signed up to join the community.