Create custom rewards that sync with our partner, Tremendous.
- Go to the Gamification > Custom Rewards tab.
- Select the + icon to create a new custom reward.
- To create the reward you will need to fill out the following fields:
- Reward Type (Gift card only)—A reward that can be redeemed online, as a code.
- Reward Redemption Type (Points only)—The reward unlocks when the member has enough points.
- Reward Name—This will appear on both the member and moderator sides of the community.
- Reward Description—This is visible only in the community catalog and does not appear on the moderator side.
- Reward Image—This will appear in the community catalog. The image needs to be 180 x 180 pixels.
- Reward Currency Type—Defaults to US Dollars; no option to change to foreign currencies at this present time.
- Reward Currency Value—The reward amount. The redemption value is in US Dollars, but this amount will automatically convert to the currency chosen in the catalog.
- Reward Cost (Points)—This field indicates what it will cost a member to redeem the reward. The member should be charged a point value for each redemption.
- Campaign ID—Since you can set up multiple catalogs in Tremendous—perhaps for different campaigns—this Campaign ID routes the reward to the correct catalog and links to the appropriate set of gift cards available to members.
- Maximum Quantity Per Member—The field indicates the maximum number of times a member can redeem this reward.
- Rewards Available—This indicates the number of rewards currently available. You can increase or decrease the available quantity after the reward has been created.
- Notify for Quantity Below—An email warning will be when the remaining reward count is less than or equal to the minimum quantity that you choose. This email with the subject "Gamification" needs to be set up in the Community > Settings > Labels > Contact Moderator Fields section.
- Visibility Status—This field affects the reward visibility in the community catalog. You can choose to list the Visibility Status as either Visible or Hidden.
- Availability Status—This field affects the reward redeemability in the community catalog. You can choose to list the Availability Status as either Redeemable or Locked.
- Access Type—You may choose to have a reward available to the entire community or specific groups only. For more information on Gamification Reward Grouping, click here.
- Expiration Date—At the specified date, the reward will automatically be hidden from the community rewards catalog. If this field is left empty, the reward will not expire.
- Click Create to save your reward, or click Cancel to avoid saving your work.
Your community members can redeem points for rewards. In the community, members will see the denominations you set up instead of actual gift cards.
When members click on a denomination, they will see a confirmation page listing their user ID, the cost of redemption, the member's available points, and the reward's current availability. Members may confirm they wish to claim their reward from the catalog by clicking a Claim button. Their points are deducted immediately.
Members must have pop-up windows enabled in their browser because the catalog opens in a new browser tab.
Members are directed to the rewards catalog where they can choose a reward in the chosen denomination, currency, and language from your catalog (the original browser tab redirects to the Rewards History screen). Members enter their email address and get the claim code right away.
Claim codes expire in three years. Members may access them at any time. 95% of members choose their gift card right away. Sometimes they're not sure or lose their connection, though. Members can return to the catalog at any time and choose the reward, but the points cost has already been deducted when clicking Claim.
To return to the catalog, members should...
- Go to the community's Points tab.
- Select Rewards History.
- For any reward that has been initiated but not yet redeemed, the rightmost Action column will display as Redeem. Click that link to open the catalog in a new browser tab.
If members want to cancel their claim, they must do so within 24 hours of claiming their reward and before viewing or claiming their code for the first time.