Profile Points have many different parts and exist in many areas within Fuel Cycle. When the data appears to be missing or not the same in all places, this can form difficult troubleshooting situations. Here are some commonly reported issues and their resolutions.
Profile Point Data Missing in Exports when the Source is a Poll
- Go to Surveys > Polls and confirm the answers are visible/enabled.
- Click the checkbox next to the eye icon to include the answer data in profile points, groups based on profile points, and any exports.
- If the checkbox is not selected, that answer and all data associated with it become hidden from the platform, including profile points and exports. The data are never deleted. You can always make the answer visible again by clicking the checkbox, which enables the data to be visible on the platform.
IMPORTANT: If you previously had answers disabled and re-enable them, you need to return to P2 Engine and select the Refresh Data button at the top of the page. This will import the previously hidden poll data back into the profile point.
Please note: the poll will not display to members when the answer is enabled here. To show members the poll, you must either…
- Add it to the Member Profile and set the poll to display.
- Select Show in Profile in the profile point with that poll as the source.
If you have manually appended information into a poll, you need to keep the answers visible in the Poll settings. However, you don’t need to add the poll to the Member Profile because the data will continue to pull through the Profile Points. This ensures that members never see the data, but you can use it within the platform.
Fuel Cycle Exports Do Not Contain Created or Edited Profile Points
Anytime you create a new profile point or edit an existing one, you MUST click the Refresh Data button at the top of the P2 Engine listing page. While the data is refreshing, you will see “Refreshing…”
Do not generate a new export until the refresh is complete. You may leave the page while this is updating.
When the button returns to the default state of “Refresh Data,” the process is done. At this point, you can generate an export to see the most current profile point data.
Profile Point Data is Blank or Displays as VIEW in Member Export (for Alchemer sources)
If this happens, re-import the survey responses into Fuel Cycle. Follow the steps below:
- Login with a Fuel Cycle Super Moderator account.
- Launch Alchemer.
- Find the survey.
- Re-import the survey:
- Copy the survey URL
- Paste it into the Import survey field back in Fuel Cycle.
- After re-importing, remain in the Survey section and find the survey with the missing data.
- Click the Actions drop-down menu in the last column on the right.
- Click the Import Responses choice.
- Once the import is complete, it will show the timestamp when the import occurred.
- Go to Members > P2 Engine.
- Click the Refresh Data button.
- Once the profile points have refreshed, create a new member export to confirm the data is now showing.
I created a profile point, but in Qualtrics I’m only seeing the profile point data for some respondents, not all.
Please read this article section to ensure refreshed embedded data for a Qualtrics survey (Update Embedded Data for Previously Submitted Survey Responses).
I exported a list of users in Qualtrics, but the profile point data isn’t showing up for all users.
Please read this article section to push profile point data to the Qualtrics user list (Update Data for Exporting List of Users).